For well over a century and a half, the Central Falls Fire Department has proudly and faithfully served the citizens, visitors, and businesses of our proud and diverse square-mile city. It is the mission of our tradition-rich department to provide the highest level of fire prevention, fire suppression, rescue and emergency medical care as well as to educate the members of our community about fire safety codes and regulations.
We are committed to providing these services in an efficient, courteous and cost effective manner. Our department accomplishes this through continuous improvement, professional development and tireless dedication to the community, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
I encourage everyone committed to our values to apply to become a Central Falls Fire Fighter by December 1st at 12:00pm. Details are below and are included in our new diversity in public safety ordinance.
Chief Robert Bradley
Click here to complete the preliminary application to become a firefighter! (See below for lateral)
- Must have attained the age of 18, at the date of application.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at the date of application.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must agree to all application requirements.
Application & Selection Process
- Completed application with physician’s note and application fee.
- Successfully pass agility test (Valid Physical Performance Assessment certificates from the RI Fire Chiefs Association will be accepted)
- Successfully pass written test.
- Oral Interview.
- Background investigation will be conducted.
- Medical Exam, including drug screening.
- Psychological Exam.
- Up to one year in the academy including EMT and Cardiac certification.
- Competitive salary with the opportunities for overtime.
- Medical, dental and pension benefits.
- Opportunities to work in the EMS field.
- Opportunity for specialized training in various areas, including: Hazardous Materials, Confined Space, and Investigations.
- Those applicants unable to secure the twenty-five dollar ($25.00) application fee can apply to the Human Resources Department for a hardship waiver.
Mission and Vision
- The Central Falls Fire Department has a mission to provide excellent fire control and suppression services to the community. We will provide emergency and non-emergency medical care and transport. We will empower the Central Falls community through public fire education and fire prevention resources.
- The Central Falls Fire Department will be recognized as a credible, community-focused fire department that strives for the highest quality of fire suppression services. We will achieve this by being a well-trained, professional, rapid response team that serves the Central Falls community.
To apply for LATERAL HIRE for the Central Falls Fire Department you must meet the following criteria:
a. NFPA Fire Fighter Level 1
b. NFPA Fire Fighter Level 2
c. Current EMT-Cardiac License
d. Current Physical Performance Assessment certificate from the Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs or a certificate “to be provided” from the next available session of the PPA
e. Current BCI Check
f. A minimum of 3 years experience as a professional fire fighter